June 29, 2023
by GForce Software
London, 29.06.23 – GForce Software is excited to introduce M-Tron Pro® IV, a completely revamped and significantly enhanced version of their beloved instrument. M-Tron Pro has gained significant acclaim as the finest software emulation of the Mellotron®, appreciated by both top producers and avid Mellotron enthusiasts. Boasting an extensive 3.5GB sound library, including over 200 tape banks and 800+ presets, it provides a wealth of sonic possibilities. The newly enhanced browser simplifies the exploration of this vast library, making M-Tron Pro IV an unparalleled source of inspiration. With its redesigned interface, GForce’s M-Tron Pro enables effortless and efficient sound customization, allowing you to shape the sounds according to your creative ideas.
M-Tron Pro introduces a range of exciting new features that elevate the user experience and expand creative possibilities. M-Tron Pro IV has a fully-scalable UI. The new powerful Preset and Tape Browsers empower effortless navigation through the extensive library of more than 800 presets, ensuring quick access to the perfect sound. Take advantage of new functionalities like Undo, Redo, Copy, and Paste, ensuring seamless editing and experimentation. Enjoy an extended keyboard range, now spanning seven semitones lower.
Experience the authentic tape-based playback with the new Tape Wow and Flutter feature, capturing the organic imperfections that give the Mellotron its unique charm. Amp simulation brings warmth and character to your sound. The introduction of an alternative state-variable filter and ensemble effect, new LFO shaping possibilities and a matrix reverb adds further depth and character to your sound. The expanded Aftertouch and Velocity controls offer enhanced playability and expressiveness.
With these remarkable new features, M-Tron Pro empowers you to push the boundaries of creativity and elevate your musical productions.
THE ORIGINAL – THE MELLOTRON M400
GForce’s M-Tron Pro IV delves into the iconic Mellotron M400, a tape-based keyboard famous for its use in recordings by renowned artists like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, Oasis, Trent Reznor, Trentemøller, AIR, Nils Frahm, and many others. Its distinct sounds are widely utilised in genres such as progressive rock and indie rock but also lo-fi and hip hop.
From the flutes on the legendary introduction to The Beatles’ “Strawberry Fields Forever” to tracks from The Moody Blues, David Bowie, and The Rolling Stones to the modern sounds of The Flaming Lips, Nine Inch Nails, Modest Mouse, Muse, U2, Sigur Ros, and more, there’s no question that the sound of the Mellotron M400 is a deep part of music history.
M-Tron Pro is also available as part of the “M-Tron Pro – Complete” bundle that includes the instrument and all the Expansion Packs. That is a superb 11.3GB sound library with 500+ tape banks and 3500+ presets.
M-Tron Pro IV – key features
- Nearly 200 total tape banks (sample sets)
- The most authentic and exclusive library with over 3.5GB of factory samples
- [New] 800+ patches including many curated by world-class recording artists and programmers including 100+ new presets
- [New] Fully-scalable UI.
- [New] Powerful Preset and Tape Browsers.
- [New] Additional state-variable filter.
- [New] Additional ensemble effect.
- [New] Wow and Flutter with instability control.
- [New] Amp simulation with warmth, noise and saturate.
- [New] Matrix Reverb effect.
- [New] Individual FX locks.
- [New] Extended keyboard range (down seven semitones)
- [New] Undo, Redo, Copy and Paste
- [New] LFO shaping and destinations (Pitch, Filter, Pan, Level)
- [New] Expanded Poly Aftertouch and Velocity controls for extra playability
- Dual layer and split keyboard operation
- Programmable MIDI CC response via MIDI Learn
- Tape Reverse, Tape half-speed
- The Brake – provides the ability to slow the tape playback speed for fabulous pitch-shift effects
M-Tron Pro IV
M-Tron Pro – Complete
All trademarks, service marks and company names are the property of their respective owners. M-Tron Pro is a registered trademark of GForce Software. Mellotron and Chamberlin are registered trademarks of Markus Resch. M-Tron Pro IV software incorporates élastique Pro V3 by zplane development. M-Tron Pro is a software product.